Sunday, March 20, 2011

A much needed break

March 20

It’s been a great day of rest today. I busted out of this joint! This afternoon and evening I spent with a room mate from BYU and her darling family. The time flew by so quickly, unfortunately. But, I guess that’s what happens when you sit around talking and laughing together.
Because I have not graduated yet, I was not allowed to take Nadine along on my outing, and she remained in the dorm with a staff member. When I returned, Nadine went absolutely nutso. She definitely missed me. I’m sure she needed rest today just as I did.
Tomorrow, it’s back to the streets of Portland. Then, we have a night route to go on. You may be asking, “Why a night route? Aren’t you blind? Doesn’t everything look black anyway?” Well, I am blind, but Nadine isn’t. I need to know how she works at night when things look different. Also, things sound different- fewer people in some areas, changes in the amount of traffic, etc. So, that is a test for me as well.
I’m sure there’ll be stories to share coming soon. I have a dog with half of her body on my lap now, so I’ll have to pay some attention to Nadine. Man, she’s a lot to hold, but she’s dang cute.

3 comments:

Stephanie Taylor said...

Good Morning Kris! Good luck this evening on your night mission - does Nadine need night vision goggles? Carson has some she can borrow upon your return. We miss you! Carson wanted to talk with Christopher as he passed the sacrament yesterday. Chris was so professional and did his best to ignore him. Very proud of Chris - he serves with honor. Miss you and can't wait to see you next week for a little VT / Kris' Birthday outing! have a great week! - Steph

Becky Andrews said...

how fun that you were able to meet up with a roommate on Sunday. Best wishes on the night outing. Yes, it is great for the dogs. I have a little pinhole of vision remaining so the nightroute was great for me too.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got out of there! Hope you are feeling well. Love you