Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Temple

As I read the description of the world in this chapter, I realize how much it describes our day. There is so much evil in the world, and sometimes it can be overwhelming. But, I don’t think it a coincidence that this chapter starts with the temple and, to me, a reminder to go up to it.
I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to worship in the house of the Lord. It is wonderful to go often and to hear the promises that are mine according to my faithfulness. I take comfort and receive peace through sacred covenants which I have made there, and know that however wicked this world becomes; there is safety in the Lord.
Recently, I have received a prompting that, honestly, I didn’t want to have to obey. While in the temple, I pondered and prayed. I asked Father in Heaven if he really wanted me to do this particular thing, and I was given feelings and thoughts in my mind that confirmed that prompting. I knew that it was the Spirit communicating truth to my spirit, and I knew I could obey with the help of the Lord.
I am so grateful for a place of peace where I can commune with the Father, receive light and truth, and learn the sacred things of eternity that help me through the difficulties right here and now.

No comments: