Monday, March 29, 2010

A Better Cause

The armies of the Lamanites were twice as numerous as the Nephites, and it would seem that the odds were against the Nephites, but the Lord was with them. While the Lamanites fought for power and monarchy,
“ Nevertheless, the Nephites were inspired by a better cause, for they were not fighting for monarchy nor power but they were fighting for their homes and their liberties , their wives and their children, and their all, yea, for their rites of worship and their church. “
“And they were doing that which they felt was the duty which they owed to their God” (Alma 43:45-46).
This gives me hope to fight on when troubles overwhelm me and I feel like giving up. I also can put my trust in the Lord and he will –and has- always delivered me.
We don’t have to loose heart. We don’t have to become hopeless. We can do what is needed with the power of the Lord which he’ll grant us if we turn to him. We can “fight for “a better cause”.

1 comment:

Becky Andrews said...

Beautiful - Thank you. I hope I get to hear you at TOFW one of these days.