Friday, February 19, 2010

Light and Life

Mosiah 16: 9
He is the alight and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

When I first lost my sight, I longed for light. I really went through withdrawals-wishing I could burst the darkness that surrounded me both emotionally and physically. I was fighting for my life and wasn’t sure I would make it. I was definitely in darkness.

I came across these words from Abinadi which gave me hope, strength and comfort to face the experience I found myself in. I knew that Christ was both the light and the life. Those were the two things I most needed, and I could turn to him when I most needed these things.

I am so grateful for the scriptures and for the power of the Spirit to carry their truth into my frightened and aching heart. I know that Jesus Christ overcame death so that he could free us from its grasp. I know that his light leads, warms, warns and comforts.

No comments: