Thursday, October 13, 2011

Comfort fromj the Spirit

I read this quote yesterday from the new book, Daughters of my Kingdom. It's beautiful.

Sister Snow: Her inspired instruction helped Relief Society sisters face the trials of their day. She taught that if they would continually seek guidance and comfort from the Holy Ghost, they could enjoy peace even in the midst of adversity. She said that the Holy Ghost “satisfies and fills up every longing of the human heart, and fills up every vacuum. When I am filled with that Spirit,” she continued, “my soul is satisfied, and I can say in good earnest, that the trifling things of the day do not seem to stand in my way at all. But just let me lose my hold of that spirit and power of the Gospel, and partake of the spirit of the world, in the slightest degree, As Relief Society sisters pray individually and with their families, they can receive inspiration to guide them.
and trouble comes; there is something wrong. I am tried, and what will comfort me? You can- not impart comfort to me that will satisfy the immortal mind, but that which comes from the Fountain above. And is it not our privilege to so live that we can have this constantly flowing into our souls?” 1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sister Snow was an incredible soul. I was fortunate enough to hear you speak at Time Out For Women yesterday in Reno and I must say you are the most beautiful woman I have ever heard or seen!!! You had me laughing, crying, and thinking very hard about what I need to do. No speaker there touched me more than you. Thank you so very much for giving me such a wonderful gift!