Sunday, February 13, 2011

Miracles

While preparing my Sunday School lesson this week, I’ve studied some of the miracles preformed by Christ while on the Earth. I found some thing neat in the Bible Dictionary that I hadn’t thought of before. One of the reasons for miracles is to teach the “law of love”. Jesus lived his life by this law, and the miracles written of were a natural result of his presence as the Messiah.
Although, I was not there when he healed, blessed, and forgave, I have seen many miracles in my life. I have received healing- not always the kind I’ve prayed for, but still healing. What miracles have you seen in your life? At first, you might not think you’ve seen any, but take time to search your life. Ask in prayer for the ability to see the miracles you have been the recipient of.
I love these words from Bishop Richard C. Edgley First Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric:
“When the disciples asked Jesus why they could not cast a devil out as they had just witnessed the Savior do, Jesus answered, “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove” (Matthew 17:20). I have never witnessed the removal of an actual mountain. But because of faith, I have seen a mountain of doubt and despair removed and replaced with hope and optimism. Because of faith, I have personally witnessed a mountain of sin replaced with repentance and forgiveness. And because of faith, I have personally witnessed a mountain of pain replaced with peace, hope, and gratitude. Yes, I have seen mountains removed.”


* Two questions to ponder this week: 1. How do/can I live the law of love? 2. What results does my presence have on others?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Kris! Just discovered you this week. My family & I are going through a big fat trial..and my VT...sent your CD to me...& I am loving it!! Haven't started reading your blog yet. Looking forward to that! Thanks for sharing your journey!