Thursday, August 20, 2009

Christ is the sure foundation

Thank you, Gerilyn, for your honesty and faith. I know Christ will continue to help you as you turn to him.

Kris


***

Throughout this book you told of little insights that you had and how you had to rely on the Savior to help you get back up. You hit on the reality and expectations and what if they don’t match. Well….gee…that is happening to me on a regular basis. But there was one thing that really stuck out because I talked about this with my friend just this morning, but didn’t read this part until this afternoon. You wrote, “Many times, when I have endured something difficult, I worry about what might be coming next, or what I am going to be asked to suffer through tomorrow. It can be so natural to fear the future and the “What-ifs.” But we don’t have to live in fear or dread; there is a better way. That better way is to live in hope—hope in Jesus Christ. I cling to the promise found in Ether 12:4” “Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being let to glorify God.”

Kris, I have a special relationship with that scripture already and about faith being a literal anchor to my Savior. Sometimes I feel that literal anchor…sometimes I don’t and I blow about with every wind that comes. And on the times when I don’t it’s my own fault. I have felt myself blowing about with every wind that comes. Then other times I do ok. But this last year, I have really felt like that smiling clown that you talked about that just keeps getting punched over and over. And I try to get up, but sometimes it’s just been really hard. However, your book gave me the renewed hope and desire to continue to try and to succeed. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

Gerilyn

No comments: