Friday, August 14, 2009

Faith in Christ

Our blog post today comes from a sweet faithful sister in Nevada. Thanks for sharing your faith with us, Gloria.

“I am a convert to the Church. The Church means everything to me.
Before I married, the doctore told me I could never have children. I was devastated. The only thing I ever wanted to be was a mom. After going through all kinds of tests and torture, we finally had four children. When I was pregnant, I was allergic to the baby. The doctor told me I would have a 1% chance of having a normal child. Day in and day out I would plead with the Lord to give me normal children. Then reason would take over and I would only ask that I would be able to accept whatever He sent. Luckily I had four physically normal children.
I've had about 19 surgeries which I won't go into.
Three years ago, in 2006, I had a massive stroke.
It has changed my life completely.
Besides the stroke, I've had 3 mini strokes and over a dozen eye hemorrhages.
So besides being half crippled, I am half blind.
Most of the time I try to look at things on an eternal perspective rather than on an earthly one.
I've had blessings that are awesome and the scriptures have become my friends.
I know Heavenly Father and the Savior love me no matter what physical shape I am in.

****

Each of us can only live a day at a time--sometimes only a minute at a time.

A Sister in Christ,
Gloria

Two of my favorite scriptures are:
Philippians 4:13
Isaiah 41:10”

No comments: